Please Note: 25/03/2020
Patients with pre-booked appointments will be contacted by a clinician to either have a telephone consultation or to be reappointed.
CORONAVIRUS ALERT - New rules in force now: you must stay at home.
More information and exemptions at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Say at home, Protect the NHS, Save lives
Sidley Medical Practice is required to take all appropriate measures to protect patients and ensure we can continue to deliver healthcare services to our patients safely.
Therefore with immediate effect, only patients with pre-booked appointments will be permitted to enter the surgery.
You will still be asked screening questions by a member of the team at the door before you are permitted to enter.
If you need to collect an item from the surgery, the practice is working on posting or emailing items to you. Please ensure your contact details are up to date.
Our phones lines are going to be extremely busy during this time and we thank you for your understanding and patience.
Advice for Older People and Vulnerable Adults:
The latest information on symptoms of Coronavirus infection and areas where recent travel may have resulted in a high risk of exposure can be found on: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
NHS 111 has an online Coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Call 111 if you need to speak to someone.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest information and advice:
Advice for home isolation:
Advice sheet for people who live in the same accommodation:
Did you know that you can now see an NHS GP by video using LIVI. You can get medical advice, prescriptions and referrals on the same day – even at weekends. The service is provided free on the NHS.
You can download the LIVI app to your mobile phone or tablet, at the App Store or Google Play. Or visit www.livi.co.uk for more information.
LIVI GPs are all GMC-registered NHS GPS, who (with your consent) will be able to access your medical records and give you a considered, in-depth diagnosis based on your medical history.
Get the LIVI app here:
Sidley Medical Practice is a long established GP surgery that is committed to preserve and enhance its good reputation for being caring and innovative by providing high quality medical services in a friendly, happy and healthy environment.
We undertake to:
- Treat you with respect and courtesy at all times
- Provide you with advice and treatment in a timely manner
- Help you make decisions about your health by treating you with respect
- Discuss available treatments and refer you on to other experts where necessary
- Act as your advocate and guide through health care services
- Maintain confidentiality in what we discuss and the records we keep on your behalf
- Keep up to date with developments in health care by continuing to learn
In return we ask you to:
- Keep your appointment and/or let us know as soon as possible if you can't attend
- Only use urgent out-of-hours services for urgent conditions which can't wait until the next day or over the weekend.
- Be nice to our staff! They do their best for you and respond very well to "please" and "thank you"
- Let us know if you have any suggestions or cause for complaint as soon as possible
- Let us know when we have done well
In addition to the general facilities both surgeries have offices and treatment rooms for attached Practice Health Staff. There is full Disabled access across both sites via ramps and lifts. There is also a hearing loop system available for patients with impaired hearing. There is a car park at Sidley Surgery, which is also accessible by bus, with a bus stop right outside Sidley Surgery and a public car park near to Albert Road. Both surgeries also provide a freephone for taxis.
(Site updated 25/03/2020)